10.05.2011

Work: Break Down.

I guess I should probably out of all of these post tell you a little bit about my work location, if I havent done that already. I work in Merchandise. This is a very common role you might get when you go done to do the CP. But every work location is a little bit different in how the managers like to run things as well as how late you might be open. I know this probably sounds a little crazy because it's disney and every work location should work the same, but it doesnt. Anyways. I work in what is called the Backlands in Hollywood Studios. Its funny because when Im working its like oh yea no problem I can run that to the front of the park and back no problem. But when Im a guest in the parks its like you have just asked me to run a full marathon, it is so far back there. I love it though. I work with AMAZING people who honestly make me laugh 95% of the time even on a bad day. So from what I hear other work locations will actually give you a stock shift where you spend the entire shift just stocking the floor, or a register shift where you spend the whole shift ringing people out. Backlands doesnt do this. We mix things up and sometimes it can be the worlds scarest thing if there is an inkling of a chance you might get Build Your Own Lightsaber or have to go out to a cart that is HECKA HOT! but it is still amazing. The managers are so nice and I just love going to work.

This is where the question of: SOOO then why did you just have a 5 day weekend.? Well I was super super sick on Friday. I had worn myself completely out going to work sick the whole week and then I had given away my sunday shift so i could spend it with Bryant and then I had Saturday off for the 40th and my regular two days off Monday tuesday. So basically I became super lucky and just had everything fall in line. 

I honestly do love work because everything is sort of up in the air all the time. If you get merchandise you should see if your area will let you go into count. Its a nice break from the day and I love all of the night shifts I get because of it.  My night shifts are not like Magic Kingdom night shifts though,  or even World of Disney night shifts so maybe that is why I love it. When we close at 10 I am out at the Latest lastest lastest 12. and I normally dont start until like 2ish. Today for example I am in at 15:15 or 3:15 and I am suppose to get out at 9:30 (which means I am closing) but instead after checking the HUB this morning I am actually being pulled to count.

It all sort of depends on your work location, if you decide you want to count. I know in Studios we are the first area to close but we are also the last area to open. But then again we are 40% of the park so i guess maybe it is all relative.

No comments:

Post a Comment